Sunday 26 May 2013

October 12th 2012


Its Time To Get Started!
My interest in Jane Austen came about after my mother bought me "Pride and Prejudice" when I was only eleven years old. Since then I have become absorbed in her world after reading all her books numerous times. Other people seem surprised and confused when I state that I love her books. Many ask me who she is and who she was. For many people she seems stuffy and boring but for me her world opens up a huge universe in which I can be comfortable in my own skin.

When my class were told we could write our thesis on virtually anything, there was no second guessing for me. I knew exactly what I wanted to talk about. I knew I was passionate about the topic, and that would be reflected in my work.

I have been working a lot on gathering as much information as I can in order to further develop my idea. My lecturer Annaleigh Margey has been helping me out and giving me much needed ideas on a title or an angle for a basis of my thesis. I am interested in the social and gender themes in the novel of Pride and Prejudice and I feel like I could contribute to the area of study.

As a class, we have been given the task to carry out a research proposal on our intended areas of study so that our lecturers can grasp a better feel at what we want to achieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment